Evangelist Program Manager
As the Evangelist Program Manager, you will be responsible for enabling members from the GitLab community to evangelize GitLab.
The Evangelist Program Manager is a grade 6.
- Assist people with writing blog posts about GitLab. Curate topics, introduce people to industry influencers, cross-post to our blog, give incentives. Result is the number of blog posts and views per month.
- Assist people giving talks about GitLab. Pair people with requests from event organizers, sponsor events, ensure their travel is paid for, introduce them to subject leaders in the company. Result is the number of talks and audience members per month.
- Assist people with organizing meetups about GitLab. Have a starter package, surface interesting content, pair them with influencers, pay for location and food costs. Result is the number of meetups and meetup visitors per month.
- You have 5-7 years of experience running developer relations or community advocacy programs, preferably open source in nature.
- Inquisitive and data focused in your approach to building and nurturing communities.
- You have experience facilitating sensitive and complex community situations with humility, empathy, judgment, tact, and humor.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Familiarity with developer tools, Git, Continuous Integration, Containers, and Kubernetes.
- Experience in communicating with writers on a range of technical topics is a plus.
- Ability to use GitLab.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
The next step in the Evangelist Programs job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.