Product Marketing Manager, Public Sector
- The Public Sector Product Marketing Manager is a grade 8.
- The Senior Public Sector Product Marketing Manager is a grade 9.
The Product Marketing Manager, Public Sector has the same responsibilities as other Product Marketing Managers, but specializes in the public sector in the United States and has a separate compensation benchmark for the federal responsibilities.
The Product Marketing Manager, Public Sector has the same requirements as other Product Marketing Managers, as well as additional public sector requirements.
Regulated Industries Specialist (public sector & financial svcs)
As a Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Regulated Industries, you will work bring your knowledge and experience of marketing to regulated industries such as the federal government to help shape our go to market strategy, messaging and execution. You will partner closely with our marketing, engineering, business development, sales team, and partners to help them address the unique requirements of this market.
- At least 5 years of product marketing experience marketing and selling public sector and or regulated industries such as financial services or health care.
- Deep understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies across the entire Software Development Lifecycle, especially the processes and controls typically found in large regulated industries such as public sector and financial services.
- Experience marketing and selling to the US Federal Govt, DOD and civilian agencies.
- Experience around GSA, Federal procurement and the various buying vehicles to enable growth in software sales via our distribution partners.
- A security clearance is a plus.
- Ability to use GitLab
The next step in a Senior Product Marketing Manager’s career at GitLab is to be a Manager, Product Marketing.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Candidates then may be offered a 45 minute interview with our Chief Marketing Officer
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a interview with the Senior Director of Marketing and Sales
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule 45 minute interviews with our Regional Sales Director of the US East Coast
- After, candidates may be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with the Vice President of Product
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a interview with the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.