Distinguished Engineer - Secure
- Provide technical direction for the team by being an expert in the security product space.
- Engage with the Secure team PM regularly to collaborate on vision items as well as provide technical details around our competitive landscape.
- Collaborates with the Secure team Engineering Manager to improve process and simplify implementation.
- Collaborates with our PMM team to help properly position and advance our product in the market.
- Meet with customers and prospects to discuss our Security Products and provide technical support to our customer facing teams.
- Present and attend conferences to evangelize and represent the Secure team.
- Benchmark new security tools for integration with our Security Products.
- Collaborate with our internal Security team on technical initiatives.
- Work with our internal security researchers to define their deliverables and set expectation.
- Participate in technical interviews for the Secure team.
- Assist the Secure team engineers with feature development and technical debt issues.
- Mentors individuals on the team
- Cultivate patnerships and alliances with other businesses
- In depth knowledge of SAST, DAST, Dependency Scanning, Container Scanning
- Expertise in Kubernetes and Openshift
- Proficient in Golang, SQL and shell scripting
- Ability to use GitLab
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.