VP, Field Operations
Vice President, Field Operations
The Vice President, Field Operations is responsible for bringing a strategic vision and innovative approach in creating, managing and executing strategic programs that will drive key revenue, margin, and growth opportunities globally for GitLab. The Vice President, Field Operations reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
The VP, Field Operations is a grade 12.
- Partner with the Chief Revenue Officer on all non-customer facing issues impacting the success of the sales team.
- Manage the global sales planning process, including regular updates to territory and quotas, headcount and sales compensation plans.
- Partner with the CRO, Finance and HR to design, document, implement and monitor sales compensation plans.
- Collaborate with Sales Leaders and teams to develop and execute sales management disciplines and processes (territory assignment & reviews, weekly/quarterly forecast, QBRs, pipeline analysis and development, account planning, account assignments, quota/budget allocation).
- Provide pricing and contract support; manage approval process (deal sign off) between Sales and Finance.
- Lead, manage and evaluate the sales tools, processes, policies and programs to ensure continuous productivity and effectiveness.
- Manage Field Enablement programs and processes for both Sellers and Partners.
- Manage and maintain the Sales Handbook
- Create Board level and other presentations for the Chief Revenue Officer
- Demonstrated progressive experience in a global SAAS sales or sales operations environment.
- Demonstrated passion for information and business intelligence; thorough understanding of sales processes and methodologies.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in Salesforce.com.
- Experience growing within a small start-up. Strong ability to interact and influence effectively with all C-level executives and team members.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accountability, while also able to collaborate cross-functionally (finance, marketing, sales enablement, etc) with exceptional intrapersonal skills.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical and detail oriented, strong project management skills with a drive for results.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fluid, fast-paced, unpredictable environment.
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity and business judgment; you share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
- IACV vs Plan
- Field Efficiency Ratio
- IACV Efficiency
The next steps for the VP, Field Operations would be to move to the Chief Revenue Officer Job Family.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- First, the candidate will have a 30 min screening call with a GitLab Recruiters
- Next, the candidate will have a 30 min interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, the candidate will have 3-5 30 min interviews with team members
- Next, the candidate will have a 45 min interview with a peer
- Lastly, the candidate will have a final 45 min interview with the CRO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.