Director, Digital Success
The Director, Digital Success is responsible for defining, leading, and tracking strategic and operational programs to improve GitLab’s ability to effectively and efficiently deliver excellent customer outcomes through the digital experience. The Director, Digital Success works cross-functionally to orchestrate results with Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering, Support, and Finance.
The Director, Digital Success reports to the Director Customer Success Operations.
The Director, Digital Success is a grade 10
- Develop and deliver digital initiatives to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of sales and adoption capabilities for GitLab prospects and customer, including:
- Digital customer journey and experience
- Customer journey development
- Go-to-market (GTM) and/or customer adoption campaigns, including collaboration with Marketing, Product, Data Teams, and Sales Operations
- Digital journey development, content creation and curation, and metrics
- Enhance and augment digital experience for CSM-led customers
- Cross-functionally align the digital experience across email, in-app, the customer portal, Product feedback, etc. for a cohesive customer experience
- Define, lead and track strategic and operational digital programs to successful completion
- Design, evaluate, and measure digital programs against internal targets for continuous improvement
- Leverage data and analytics to develop, lead, and measure results for GTM sales and adoption-related initiatives, programs, and campaigns
- Demonstrated progressive experience with Digital Programs, Customer Marketing, or related experience with a technical SaaS or subscription software service
- Rich knowledge and track record with email campaigns, in-app experience, webinars/events, and certifications
- Demonstrated progressive customer success experience leading relevant teams (Customer Success Managers, Account Management, Customer Marketing, Demand Gen) and/or operations
- Experience with defining and leading digital engagement strategies (i.e., digital journey creation, content marketing, etc.)
- Experience with software development tools, practices, and methodologies is a plus
- Experienced leading cross-functional initiatives in mid-sized or large organizations (i.e., 1000+ employees)
- Management experience with a team of at least 5 team members
- Experience with digital engagement approaches and methods (i.e., Digital Customer Success / tech touch, Digital Marketing)
- Strong verbal and written skills with a strong ability to articulate and communicate strategies and plans
- Demonstrated success with cross-functional coordination, including planning, execution tracking, decision making, and OKR management
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to learn GitLab as part of the role
- You share our values and work in accordance with those values
- Bookings and revenue growth as measured by ARR, including gross renewal, expansion, and net retention
- Key customer success measures (e.g., time-to-value, product adoption / health score, expansion win rates, etc.). A number of these measures need to evolve to be developed.
The next step for the Director, Digital Success is a Senior Director level that is yet to be defined.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Interviews will be then setup with:
- Hiring manager, Director CS Operations
- Vice President of Customer Success
- Vice President of Field Operations
- Senior Director of Technical Account Management
- Stakeholder team member (i.e., Product, Marketing, Customer Success, etc.)
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.