Inside Sales, Mid-Market
- Inside Sales Representative will report to Worldwide Director of Commercial Mid-Market
- Ensure healthy weekly activity: calls, market inquiries, demos, and opportunity progression (MEDPPIC).
- Review weekly forecast and business outcomes with sales influencers. This includes win/loss examination so we can iterate approach based on our success and failures.
- Manage sales order processing including monitoring the system to ensure accurate receipt booking of sales orders, tracking sales shipment, delivery.
- Responsible for all renewals of all contracts and upgrades in your territory.
- Improve and maintain Salesforce structure for accurate sub accounts (groups/programs), opportunities and contacts.
- Collaborates regionally and globally in developing/enhancing standardized processes, reports, and sales programs that facilitate efficient sales operations, effective sales execution, and improved management insight. This includes ensuring the GitLab sales handbook is followed and/or modified when necessary.
- A true desire to see customers benefit from the investment they make with you
- Demonstrated progressive experience with B2B software sales
- Comfort using Zuora, Salesforce
- Experience selling into commercial organizations
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- Ability to leverage established relationships and proven sales techniques for success
- Effective communicator, robust interpersonal skills
- Motivated, self-guided and results oriented
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and closing skills
- Preferred experience with Git, Software Development Tools, Application Lifecycle Management
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
The next step in the Commercial Sales job family is to move to the SMB Account Executive job family.
Inside Sales Representatives within Mid-Market would be measured by the attainment of NetARR as measured for their respective region (US, EMEA, APAC). We would also leverage additional Performance Indicators including the # of early and on-time renewals, reduction of contract churn, etc.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- What would differentiate you and make you a great inside sales representative for GitLab?
- What is your knowledge of the space that GitLab is in? (i.e. Industry Trends)
- How do you see the developer tools changing over the coming years from a sales perspective? (i.e. DevSecOps Market Positioning, Customer Needs, etc)
- Selected candidates will be invited to the following
- A phone or video conference screen with the recruiter. This takes 30 minutes and helps our recruiting team align your interests and qualifications with the right opening on the sales team.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first 30-minute interview with Worldwide Director of Commercial Mid-Market
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute peer-style interview with one of our Account Executives
- Next, candidates will complete their 50-minute Chronological In-Depth Survey with Worldwide Director of Commercial Mid-Market
- Finally, candidates will be invited for a 30-minute interview with an Area Sales Manager
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.