Public Sector Channel Manager
As a Public Sector Channel Manager your primary goal will be to build pipeline and channel revenue with high performance partners. This high-energy position requires the candidate to be extremely motivated and results-driven – with follow through to create and qualify partner-initiated opportunities.
The Public Sector Channel Manager is a grade 8.
- Identify and recruit new federal reseller partners in key markets through market analysis and cross-leveraging channel ecosystems of key alliance partners
- Coordinate and conduct sales training for partner onboarding
- Manage sales opportunities with all designated Partners, providing accurate and updated sales funnel.
- Build and maintain quarterly business plans for top partner accounts.
- Development of territory plan, including documenting recruiting strategy.
- Assist Partners in broadening their product expertise and sales opportunities, striving for growth from all associated selling resources.
- Provide timely and on-going deal support to help close new opportunities at identified resellers including pricing requests, resource coordination, and other partner management activities.
- Drive marketing initiatives, go-to-market programs, and demand generation activities that will result in new reseller sales opportunities
- Proactively develop incentives or contests that will increase GitLab’s consideration rate within the reseller’s sales force.
- Provide overall relationship management and act as the central point of contact for channel resellers and distributors.
- Be a key contributor to help define and scale the optimal channel partner program.
- Assist sales management in conveying customer needs to product managers, and technical support staff
- Recent experience in software Federal Channel Sales is mandatory including knowledge of 2-tier (distribution) reseller models.
- Work under minimal supervision on complex projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team oriented atmosphere
- Strong written/verbal communications skills
- Very motivated and goal-oriented
- Must want a career-oriented environment that is both fun and professional.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to develop and maintain relationships
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy. Federal, LLC team members need to also comply with the applicable vaccination policies.
The next step in the Public Sector Channel Manager job family is to move to the Public Sector Area Sales Manager job family.
As with all roles in the Sales Department the Federal Channel Manager participates in the Sales KPIs.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.