At GitLab, Production Designers collaborate closely with Brand Designers, and other areas of marketing, to produce on-brand assets across various print, web, and digital mediums.
- Extend and translate established creative concepts into production-ready print, web, and digital assets.
- Work collaboratively with Brand Designers to create a consistent and cohesive brand experience.
- Work efficiently on multiple projects with consistency and exemplary attention to detail.
- Embrace an iterative design process and be receptive to feedback throughout the process.
- Contribute to the Pajamas Design System.
- Able to work with, and help evolve, the GitLab brand.
- Work includes email templates, landing pages, social media, paid digital advertising, slide decks, digital and print whitepapers, one-pagers, etc., trade show booth design, and swag.
- Able to generate pixel-perfect production assets to meet required specifications for print, web, and digital mediums.
- Proven experience with print, web, and digital design.
- Degree in graphic design or a related field.
- Strong portfolio showcasing brand and marketing experience across print, web, and digital mediums.
- You have an eye for exemplary typography, illustration, icon design, and overall user experience.
- You know Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Google Slides, and Powerpoint like nobody’s business.
- Comfortable with Git, HTML, CSS, and Markdown to update about.gitlab.com.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
Associate Production Designer
The Associate Production Designer is a grade 5.
- Quickly and iteratively translate established creative concepts into production-ready print, web, and digital assets.
- Ability to work within GitLab’s brand guidelines while producing creative and thoughtful visual experiences.
- Understanding of how typography, illustration, icons, etc. work together to create a meaningful brand experience.
- 1-3 years experience in a design-related role.
- Ability to continuously meet deadlines and execute on projects.
Intermediate Production Designer
The Production Designer is a grade 6.
- Work quickly and iteratively on creative projects with limited instruction from Brand Designers.
- Proven experience with illustration and icon design as an extension of a brand.
- Ability to implement your work on about.gitlab.com through basic HTML, CSS, and Markdown.
- 3-5 years experience in a design-related role.
- Self-manage workload to meet deadlines and prioritize accordingly.
Senior Production Designer
The Senior Production Designer is a grade 7.
- Work independently, drive multiple projects, prioritize accordingly, and iterate quickly.
- Ability to evolve and extend creative concepts with extreme attention to detail.
- Influence creative strategy and have a substantial understanding of our audience(s).
- 5+ years experience in a design-related role.
- Proven ability to lead creative projects from concept to completion.
Manager, Production Design
The Manager, Production Design is a grade 8.
- Own all aspects of production design; providing feedback and oversight of creative deliverables, keeping projects on brand and on time, and prioritizing work based on impact to the company.
- Set the production design workflow, directives, and goals.
- Proven understanding of our audience(s), creative strategy, and brand guidelines.
- Improve and enforce GitLab’s brand guidelines.
- Influence GitLab’s brand experience.
- 5+ years experience in print, web, and digital design.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership capabilities.
- Proven experience as a managing production designer or similar role, preferably within marketing.
The next step in the Production Design job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.