Area Vice President
The Area Vice President is responsible for building and managing a team of Area Sales Managers who are leading teams of Strategic Account Leaders selling GitLab’s industry leading single application for the full software development lifecycle.
The Area Vice President reports into the VP, Enterprise Sales.
- Establish and deliver on a strategy to land new customers with a mutual vision for expansion and expand existing accounts with purpose, driving customer success and predictable year over year ARR growth for GitLab.
- Recruit and develop a top tier, diverse, efficient enterprise sales organization of Area Sales Managers and Strategic Account Leaders
- Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Manage overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management
- Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Demonstrated progressive second line leadership experience leading teams in strategic sales.
- Multiple repeatable proof points of recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining leaders and individual contributors that make-up a high performing enterprise sales organization.
- Deep experience selling into accounts in core markets.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in consistent overachievement of a $20m+ ACV annual quota
- Demonstrated progressive experience in software sales, preferably with development tool and/or open source experience
- Proven track record of working closely with the channel for growth leverage.
- Proven success partnering with Marketing, Channel, Alliances, Product, and Engineering peers.
- Demonstration of high levels of integrity, initiative, honesty and leadership
- Must be adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated and work well on their own or as a member of a team
- Willingness to learn and use GitLab
- Polished presentation skills
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and ambitious workload
- Bachelor degree
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
Area Vice President (Public Sector)
Area Vice President (Public Sector) Responsibilities
- Extends that of the AVP Responsibilities
- Focus within GitLab’s Public Sector segment; has specialized knowledge of the Public Sector space and contacts within the Public Sector
Area Vice President (Public Sector) Requirements
- Extends that of the AVP Requirements
- Demonstrated progressive second line leadership experience leading teams in strategic sales specific to Public Sector.
- Proven second line sales management experience with deep domain experience in the Public Sector/Federal vertical, including a history of successfully selling through the Public Sector channel.
- Must have proven experience leading teams who sell to mission owners, identifying, uncovering, and developing new account opportunities in their territory.
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy. Federal, LLC team members need to also comply with the applicable vaccination policies.
- IACV vs Plan
- IACV vs forecast
- All other Sale KPI’s can be found here.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule one or more interviews with members of the Enterprise sales team.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule one or more interviews with Business Partners
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CRO.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.