Integrated Marketing Job Family
VP of Integrated Marketing
The VP of Integrated Marketing reports to the CMO.
VP of Integrated Marketing Job Grade
The VP of Integrated Marketing is a grade 12.
VP of Integrated Marketing Responsibilities
- Hire, develop and manage a global team of high-performing campaign managers, field marketers and partner marketing managers
- Map the customer journey and identify the right strategies to attract and advance prospects through the funnel.
- Develop the company’s demand generation campaign strategy to drive new business, as well as expand the existing customer base. Own execution of the business plan, including scope, target outcomes, key metrics and measures, and required inputs and resources to deliver.
- Build systems and processes that will track and report on key performance metrics and use data to optimize campaign strategies continually
- Continuously evaluate the performance and ROI of campaigns, adjusting demand tactics and strategy accordingly
- Work closely with product marketing, marketing operations, and sales to ensure message optimization and cross-functional alignment
VP of Integrated Marketing Requirements
- Experience in roles of increasing responsibility, managing $500MM-$5B in revenue pipeline in high-growth companies; Ideally with experience marketing to developers, IT, development operations and security
- Experience running a global team of at least dozens of people with multiple levels of management
- Must have a firm grasp of digital marketing best practices, yet have an innate curiosity to continually investigate new trends
- Experience with digital and non-digital demand gen tactics
- Experience with field marketing, account based marketing and partner marketing in an Enterprise Software company; SaaS preferred
- Familiarity with open-source, cloud native, cloud, and Kubernetes a plus
- Fluency in demand generation metrics and approaches to test and optimize them including the use of Marketo and Salesforce
- Proven experience scaling demand generation programs through technology, data and process
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate a clear sense of mission, purpose, priority and long-term direction for the function and across GitLab
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills cross functionally
- Demonstrated success and comfort driving global programs in multiple languages
- Ability to use GitLab
The next step in the Demand Generation job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Candidates will then meet with the Senior Director of Revenue Marketing.
- Candidates will then be asked to schedule an interview with the Manager of Field Marketing, Americas.
- Candidates will then meet with the CMO.
- Following successful completion of the previous steps, final candidates will then be asked to meet with a panel of Sales Development Managers.
- Final candidates may be asked to complete an assessment, and meet with the Senior Director of Revenue Marketing again.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via video or phone.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.