- Manage daily project intake and assignment
- Manage project workflows
- Create timelines and workback plans
- Manage key initiative milestones
- Manages vendor relationships and budgets
- Ensures all projects are setup for success and completed efficiently
- Collaborate with team members and partners to ensure success
- Resourceful and results-driven mindset leveraging iteration and continous improvement
- Strong understanding of best practices across different creative and marketing disciplines, audiences, and mediums
- Engage in constructive design critiques.
- Able to work independently, prioritize accordingly, and iterate quickly.
- Strong communication skills without a fear of over communication.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
Individual Contributor Levels
Senior Creative Operations Manager
The Senior Creative Operations Manager reports to the Director, Brand.
The Senior Creative Operations Manager is a grade 7.
- Work closely with the Brand Design Team on managing workload, assigning and triaging requests, and establishing priorities to ensure the team meets deadlines and delivers assets as needed
- Manage vendors and agency partners to help scale our team, including budget management, scope creation and approvals
- Collaborate with everyone across the Brand team and critical leaders and stakeholders in Marketing
- Lead stand-ups and project kick-offs, and participate in concept brainstorms
- Facilitate timely and clear communication between the design team, marketing stakeholders, and external partners
- Collaborate with marketing leads to determine priorities, manage key projects and problem solve requests when deadlines or asks are challenging
- Refine, improve, and scale our creative process to enhance speed and quality of delivery, standardizing processes for cross-discipline and cross-functional collaboration
- Contribute to quarterly and annual planning, representing the team’s budget, capabilities, capacity and constraints
- Audit our tools, finding efficiency across departments for consolidation, while advocating for adding new tools and resources that add value to the team
- Establish and document processes and procedures and help centralize resources and assets for ease of access
- Contribute to the planning of team events and culture-building opportunities
- Well-versed on the current trends in branding, creative, social and communications and can formulate plans that lead to the successful creation of brand experiences
- Experience designing, implementing, measuring and optimizing programs, processes, structures and/or systems for improving organizational efficiency
- Experience working within an internal agency or creative agency operations environment
- Proficiently understand the complex needs of creative and marketing teams, and effectively communicate the creative perspective and point of view to non-creative stakeholders
- A champion for Brand Creative and the Design inside and outside of GitLab
- Positive approach to problem solving through analytical thinking and operational efficacy
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks, manage changes, and reliably meet deadlines
- A genuine passion for brand creative and creative operations; track record instilling operational excellence for a creative team
- A strong creative eye and the ability to be a brand steward
- Ensures successful completion and review of design requests
- Reduces the turnaround time for the project intake and tiraging process of design requests
- Scales the design team quickly with vendors/contractors during high workload volume time periods
- Increases the effectivenss of our creative design process
The next step in the Creative Operations job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.