Channel - Go to Market
Director, Channel - GTM
The Director, Channel - GTM reports to the VP, Global Channel.
Director, Channel - GTM Job Grade
The Director, Channel - GTM is a grade 10.
Market Justification: While an Individual Contributor equivalent of Director in Channel Go to Market is not applicable in survey data, Go to Market and Sales Strategy is a critical role in growth initiative organizations. Many times senior level team members are tasked with setting up new business and thus set as an Individual Director equivalent. This role brings extensive experience to help scale partner strategy for emerging markets.
Director, Channel - GTM Responsibilities
- Understand and synthesize the GitLab channel, competition, and upcoming channel requirements to help the business meet ARR goals
- Lead cross-functional projects
- Partner directly with Channel Leadership, CRO Leadership, Finance, Sales Ops & Strategy & Marketing in design and execution of assigned projects
- Operate at a strategic level while also understanding when to dive deep to keep the project on track
- Identify procedural gaps in existing channel programs and work with the Channel Program Senior Director on recommendations for improvements.
- Support the creation of prepared materials (documents, decks) for the Channel Leadership team
- Translate practical needs into technical and/or business requirements
- Lead special projects that are urgent and important and directly translate to ARR growth
- Execute on projects and ongoing assignments for the Channel Leadership team
- Demonstrate GitLab values in all work
Director, Channel - GTM Requirements
- Proven experience in Channel sales & leadership roles within a high growth start up environment
- Experience in Emerging Markets
- Channel sales, SaaS and B2B experience
- Understanding of partner services: training, professional services and managed services.
- Experience in channel scale strategies through distribution, DMR, marketplaces, etc.
- Excellent business planning skills
- Experience analyzing data and making data driven decisions based on that data
- A detail-oriented forward thinker
- Excellent written, verbal, and technical communication skills
- The ability to manage multiple tasks with competing timelines and deliverables
- Track record of leadership independent of role
- History of working cross-functionally to move projects forward
- Evidence of success in leading key business initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from ideation through to implementation
- Familiarity with the industry and the DevOps channel is a plus
- Ability to go from high-level strategy to functional impact.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
- % Revenue Partner Initiated
- % Services Attached
- Size of Partner Practices - skilled, certified consultants amd eliver resources
- SMAU metrics acceleration by stage or # seats in named enterprise accounts
- The next steps for the Director, Channel - GTM job family is yet to be defined.
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30min screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to interview with 2-5 team members
- There may be a final executive interview
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.