Growth Product Manager
The GitLab Growth section is dedicated to making it easier for teams to find value and increased efficiency within the GitLab platform. We work across stages within the product experience to make the product as easy as possible to adopt and use. We recommending reviewing our Growth direction page for more in-depth team information.
Growth Product Manager Role
Growth Product Managers help us grow our customer base by improving our net new signup & trial flow (Acquisition) and team activation (Activation) experiences as well as assisting in improving our LAM efforts. Our Growth Product Managers play a critical role in GitLab ensuring our product is easy and initiative to use while ensuring we also acheive business objectives.
- Experience in product management
- Strong technically: you understand how software is built, packaged, deployed and operated
- Passion for design and usability
- Highly independent and pragmatic
- Excellent proficiency in English
- You are living wherever you want and are excited about the all remote lifestyle
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Trust and empower your development group to deliver great products
- Receptive to feedback or coaching
- Strong bias for action
- You make thoughtful decisions motivated by data and research
- You develop strong opinions but are willing to change your mind
- Well versed in experimentation and A/B testing
- Strong analytical skills (SQL skills are a big plus) and a hypothesis driven mindset
- The ability to work cross functionally between your engineering and user experience counterparts along with business stakeholders in other departments
- Previous experience leveraging common frameworks and growth techniques such as but not limited to acquisition loops, habit loops, and PQLs
- Bonus poitns: - Prior experience at a Product-Led Growth company
- Bonus points: Experience with GitLab, Git, and the Git workflows
- Bonus points: Experience building DevOps tools
- Bonus points: Experience engaging with customers in a B2B setting
Being a Product Manager at GitLab
Product Managers at GitLab have a unique opportunity to define the future of the entire DevOps lifecycle. We are working on a single application that allows developers to invent, create, and deploy modern applications.
We want to facilitate Concurrent DevOps so that teams can work simultaneously instead of sequentially, unleashing collaboration across organizations.
We work in a very unique way at GitLab, where flexibility and independence meet a high paced, pragmatic way of working. And everything we do is in the open.
We are looking for talented product managers that are excited by the idea to contribute to our vision. We know there are a million things we can and want to implement in GitLab. Be the one making decisions. A review of the product management role levels can be found here.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.