Renewals Job Family
The Renewals job family delivers to an essential moment in the customer journey, ensuring we can continue to deliver value and business outcomes through customer retention. In collaboration with sales, channel partners, customer success, and sales operations, this team will focus on successfully renewing customer contracts while providing a seamless customer experience.
The Senior Director, Renewals reports to the Vice President of Customer Success.
The Senior Director, Renewals is a grade 11.
- Lead customer retention through proactive planning, management, and execution of the renewals with customers and internal teams
- Develop and communicate the Renewals Team vision and strategy, prioritizing team efforts, initiatives, and OKRs
- Own and drive the renewals process in collaboration with Sales, Customer Success, and channel partners
- Hire, coach, and motivate a global renewals team focused on goal achievement, delivery to KPIs and OKRs, and team member development
- Continuously develop renewals processes, policies, and playbooks to improve renewal predictability, efficiency, and customer satisfaction
- Identify and manage renewal risks and expansion opportunities, maintaining accurate forecast of upcoming renewals
- Drive systems, data, and product improvements to enable successful renewals and predictive visibility of renewals
- Negotiate and execute renewal contracts in alignment with customer goals and partnership from Revenue Operations and Legal
- Be accountable for organizational KPIs, including gross retention, on-time renewals, and customer satisfaction
- Proven track record of successfully delivering to revenue goals for a SaaS or subscription business at scale in a sales and/or renewal leadership role
- Experienced in developing and growing global teams and operations as well as leading teams at scale (i.e., managed teams of over 30 team members)
- Experienced in leading continuous improvement and change management across a broad range of functional stakeholders
- Can successfully deliver to goals, build, and iterate in a fast-paced environment, working with a bias for action
- Is data-drive and is experienced in leading system changes and automation to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Understands both direct and channel go-to-market sales and renewals
- Is a value-led leader who can role model and nurture GitLab’s values
- Ability to use GitLab
The next step for the Renewals job family is not yet defined.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, qualified candidates will be invited to interview with 2 - 4 team members.
- Next, qualified candidates will have a final interview with an executive.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.