Director, Marketing Operations
As the Director of Marketing Operations, you will be responsible for leading the team that ensures effective strategy, efficient investment, and accountability across the GitLab marketing department. You will be responsible for ensuring marketing technology is customized to the needs of its users as well as set up to ensure effective data quality. You will also lead process development, budget administration, and marketing analytics.
The Director, Marketing Operations is a grade 10.
- Define the Marketing Operations vision and strategy that enables intelligent decisions through precise analysis.
- Own the marketing operations roadmap, ensuring marketing technology is evaluated, selected, implemented and customized to meet the needs of the marketing department.
- Administer the marketing budget and ensure marketing costs are tracked correctly.
- Partner with GitLab’s Data and Analytics team to ensure the marketing department can correctly report on the ratio between customer lifetime value and customer acquisition cost, by marketing acquisition tactic.
- Regularly inform stakeholders across marketing, sales, and finance of insights on marketing performance to ensure cross functional alignment on the best possible data-driven marketing strategy.
- Track and report on the entire marketing funnel including volume, velocity, conversion stage-to-stage, and average value; make sure funnel measures can be analyzed by key dimensions such as industry, geo, and persona.
- Work with the Product team on having product usage inform better marketing to our customers and people trialing GitLab.
- Ensure processes are designed, documented, understood, and followed in a way that minimizes bad or incomplete data.
- Continually work to simplify systems and processes, avoiding customization bloat and over-engineered processes.
- Manage, build, and lead a strong team by coaching and developing existing members and closing talent gaps where needed through acquisition of new team members.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors.
- 10+ years of experience including:
- 5+ years of management experience
- Direct experience in enterprise software industry and SaaS
- Strong leadership presence.
- Balance of strategic vision and tactical execution
- Extremely analytical and strategic.
- Adept at managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent planning, organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated experience designing an innovative marketing technology stack.
- Proven experience with change management and organizational transformation
- Familiarity with our tech stack is a strong plus
- BA or equivalent experience
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
The next step in the Director, Marketing Operations job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- A 45 minute interview with future peer/s (Director of Field Marketing; Director of Sales Development)
- A 45 minute interview with future direct report/s
- A 45 minute interview with the VP of Revenue Marketing
- A 45 minute interview with another member of the CMO Staff (VP of Demand Generation, Director of Marketing Strategy)
- A 45 minute interview with our CMO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.