Senior Manager, Content Marketing
The Senior Manager, Content Marketing reports to the Director, Global Content.
Senior Manager, Content Marketing Job Grade
The Senior Manager, Content Marketing is a grade 9
Senior Manager, Content Marketing Responsibilities
- Define GitLab’s global content strategy
- Act as a steward of the GitLab brand, ensuring quality and cohesiveness across all content development
- Oversee global content creation, governance, and operations
- Oversee and launch content marketing programs
- Effectively and efficiently partner with brand & digital, events, and product marketing to deliver on content needs across the customer lifecycle
- Manage and mentor the content marketing, digital production, and editorial teams
- Generate and implement process improvements to the content pillar model
- Draft quarterly OKRs and content KPIs
- Report on content performance and audience growth
- Use data to measure results and inform planning and strategy development
- Develop a localization strategy for marketing content
- Define agile content process definition and application
- Content strategy and inbound content marketing program for about.gitlab.com
Senior Manager, Content Marketing Requirements
- 5+ years experience in content marketing and creation, preferably in the software industry
- Excellent writer and editor
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience building a content pillar framework
- Proven track record of developing and executing a successful content strategy
- Credibility in craft: past experience as a content marketer and managing content teams
- Excellent at cross-functional collaboration
- Dual minded: ability to focus on process and creative
- Experience as a hiring manager
- An exemplary people manager
- Experience managing managers
- Ability to successfully manage at a remote-only company
- Humble, servant leader
- Be a user of GitLab and familiarity with our company preferred
- Experience creating content within the area of application development preferred
- Technical background or solid understanding of developer products; familiarity with Git, continuous integration, containers, and Kubernetes a plus
- Experience working with global teams preferred
- Prior high-growth start up experience preferred
Director, Global Content
The Director, Global Content reports to VP, Brand & Product Marketing.
Director, Global Content Job Grade
The Director, Global Content is a grade 10.
Director, Global Content Responsibilities
- Extends that of the Senior Manager, Content Marketing
- Lead the global content team to achieve production and website traffic growth results
- Define strategy and execution plans for Content Marketing in support of overall Marketing OKRs
- Develop overall content narrative to become a top destination for DevOps practioners
- Measure and report on content marketing strategy
- Develop strong, competitive and measurable SEO plans that fall in line with overall content marketing objectives
- Recruit, develop and retain world class talent to scale with the company’s growth
- Push the team to try different content marketing tactics and distribution efforts to measure effectiveness
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- BONUS: A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our mission
Director, Global Content Requirements
- Extends that of the Senior Manager, Content Marketing
- Past experience leading a content marketing team
- Experience leading content marketing at an enterprise software company
- Experience leading teams of writers
- Experience marketing highly technical products to the developer audience
- Experience defining the high-level strategy
- Experience designing execution plans, processes and accountability for delivering results
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
The next step in the Senior Manager, Content Marketing job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- A 45-minute interview with our Director, Corporate Marketing
- A 45-minute interview with our Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
- A 45-minute interview with our Director, Brand & Digital
- A 45-minute interview with our CMO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.