The Internal Auditor reports to the Senior Internal Audit Manager.
The Internal Auditor is a grade 6.
- Assist in performing testing as per the test programs designed to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Assist in documenting GitLab’s financial/audit processes
- Assist in creating GitLab issues to collect preliminary data, conduct analyses and perform transactional and control based testing
- Assist in the identification and documentation of weaknesses in control design and effectiveness based on analyses performed.
- Assist with follow-ups on key management actions from prior audit reports determining if required action was taken
- Ability to use GitLab.
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in auditing or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field
- Related professional designation (CPA, CISA, CIA) (preferred)
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions
- Ability to work on complex tasks with the required direction and guidance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting
The next step in the Internal Auditor job family is to move to the Senior Internal Auditor job family.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Senior Internal Audit Manager.
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a second round of interview with Principal Accounting Officer.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.