- Triage all IT related questions as they arise
- Build a knowledge base of IT practices and pragmatic problem solving in the handbook
- Account management for password resets and lockout
- On call support for immediate software and hardware issues during local business hours
- Diagnose computer errors and provide technical support
- Troubleshoot software and hardware
- Support Weekly IT Onboarding Sessions for new Team Members
- Train end-users how to setup and use new technologies
- Provide technical support over the phone or Web
- Use specialized help desk support software to take control of end-users’ computers to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex issues
- Experience with Google Workspace and an interest in its administration
- Some experience Automation & Scripting Mac and Linux environment
- Hands-on experience supporting Mac and or Linux
- Tolerance for repetitive or manual tasks, with a mind for automating said tasks
- Some experience with SQL and Python
- Configure, build, test, and deploy
- Experience working with Git
- Ability to use GitLab
The IT Helpdesk Analyst (Intermediate) is a grade 6.
The IT Helpdesk Analyst (Intermediate) share the same responsibilities outlined above.
The IT Helpdesk Analyst (Intermediate) share the same requirements outlined above.
The Senior IT Helpdesk Analyst is a grade 7.
- Extends that of the IT Helpdesk Analyst (Intermediate) responsibilities
- Mentoring and developing a team of IT Helpdesk Support Analysts
- VIP Support and Escalations
- Own and coordinate Endpoint and Peripheral orders Globally
- Act as escalation point for IT Analyst team
- Collaborate closely with Security and Engineering teams.
- Have strong capability in setting priorities, meeting deadlines and make time sensitive decisions with limited information.
- Excellent practical understanding of Incident Management, Change & Problem Resolution
- Be an integral team player, stand in when needed and cover any role in times of need.
- Ability to analyse problems and present solutions to technical support issues.
- Extends that of the IT Helpdesk Analyst (Intermediate) requirements
- Experience of writing procedural and/or support documentation
- An active / empathic listener
- Demonstrable ability to think around issues and look at the wider picture in order to provide solutions through a variety of problem-solving techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice framework (such as ITIL, ISO20k) for the delivery of IT services
- Ability to clearly and accurately communicate processes and procedures
- Experience of working accurately and confidently with Service Desk tools and technology, such as ITSM, remote access, knowledge resources
- Experience of developing professional and effective working relationships with customers and key stakeholders
- Experience of delivering a high level of customer service
- Cycle Time for IT Support Issue Resolution
- Support Issues and Access Request Closed per Employee
- Average Merge Request
- Average Delivery Time of Laptop Machines < 21 days
- Customer Satisfaction Survey (CSAT)
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Director of Business Operations
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a second interview with one of our Sys Admins
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a third interview with one of our Executive Admins
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CEO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.