Statutory Accounting and Reporting
The Statutory Accounting and Reporting job family is responsible for ensuring entity-level financial statements are accurate and complete based on applicable GAAP for all non-US GitLab entities. This job family is also responsible for managing the statutory audits for those entities and ensuring compliance with all statutory regulations. Statutory Accounting and Reporting is also responsible for compliance with state and local reporting requirements in the US.
Statutory Compliance and Reporting Senior Manager
The Statutory Compliance and Reporting Senior Manager reports to the Director of Tax.
The Statutory Accounting and Compliance Senior Manager is a grade 9.
- Work with local service providers for each operating entity to ensure compliance with statutory reporting, collaborating with the Accounting team as needed
- Identify and calculate US GAAP to local GAAP adjustments
- Perform analysis to determine the impact of new accounting standards, changes in accounting policies, impact of non-GAAP policies, etc. on statutory reporting requirements
- Ensure all intercompany transactions are recorded appropriately and reconcile transaction level activity on a monthly basis
- Calculate intercompany loan interest, transfer pricing, management fee allocation, etc. as needed
- Own intercompany settlement process
- Ensure compliance with intercompany agreements
- Review CTA and FX gain/loss associated with intercompany activity for reasonableness
- Generate a cash forecast for intercompany and tax activity
- Review entity level financial statements on a monthly basis
- Reconcile VAT/GST activity and balance sheet accounts
- Ensure GitLab is properly registered in all necessary jurisdictions
- Facilitate gathering of tax return requests, collaborating with the Accounting and Payroll teams as needed
- Willingness to learn and use GitLab
- Eight plus years of a combination of accounting and tax experience, including working with entities outside of the US
- At least four years working as an auditor in public accounting and/or managing statutory audits
- Demonstrated working knowledge of US and local GAAP principles and financial statements
- Experience with Netsuite or other big ERP system is preferred
- Effective at completing tasks with minimal supervision
- Flexible to meet changing priorities and the ability to prioritize workload to achieve on time accurate results
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs and Sheets
The next step in the Statutory Accounting and Compliance job family is to move to a higher level role would could be in various other job families in Accounting or Tax.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Director of Tax
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our VP Corporate Controller
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with other members of the Tax team
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.