IT Operations System Administration
IT Operations System Administrator
The IT Operations System Administrator is a grade 6.
- Work with Security, PeopleOps and Business Operations to develop automated onboarding and offboarding processes
- Develop secure integrations between Enterprise Business Systems and with our Data Lake
- Develop tooling and process to facilitate end-user asset management, provisioning and tracking
- Build API Integrations from the HRIS to third party systems and GitLab.com
- Triage all IT related questions as they arise
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships with internal teams to champion initiatives
- Spearhead onboarding and offboarding automation efforts with a variety of custom API integrations, including GitLab.com and third-party resources, not limited to our tech-stack, with scalability in mind
- Ability to build and maintain multiple databases to maintain accountability of company assets and resources
- Experience administering Google Workspace
- Automation & Scripting experience deploying software to laptops and other devices - we are a Mac and Linux environment
- Hands-on experience supporting Linux
- Hands on experience working in GCP environment
- Experience working in a cloud native environment
- Design and implement any auditing workflows that are necessary for access groups
- Developing automation workflows and integrations for repetitive or manual tasks
- Very comfortable with SQL and Python
- Configure, build, test, and deploy multiple HR systems integration solutions
- Experience working with Git
- Ability to use GitLab
Lead IT Operations System Administrator
All of the responsibilities of an IT Operations System Administrator, plus:
Advocate for improvements to systems administration
Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity
Exert influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of your team
Help to define and improve our internal standards and best practices
Represent GitLab and its values in public communication around broader initiatives, specific projects, and community contributions
Build close relationships with other functional teams
Influence and implement our SLAs
Proactively work on the efficiency and capacity planning
Ensure communication across your team
Performance Indicators (PI)
- Mean Time between Failures (MTBF)
- Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- Number of days since last environment audit
- Cycle Time for IT Support Issue Resolution
- Customer Satisfaction Survey (CSAT)
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Director of Business Operations
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a second interview with our Senior Total Rewards Analyst
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a third interview with one of our Security team members
- Candidates will be then be invited to schedule a call with our Director of Security
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CEO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
The next step in the IT Operations System Administration job family is to move to the job family.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.