Vice President of Customer Success
We’re looking for an experienced Customer Success and Professional Services leader to lead our Customer Success, Professional Services, and Solutions Architect teams.
The Vice President of Customer Success is an experienced Customer Success and Professional Services leader who leads our Customer Success, Professional Services, and Solutions Architect teams. The are responsible for bringing your strategic vision and innovative approach to lead critical customer-facing teams at GitLab. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the Vice President of Customer Success plays a key role in driving customer goals, product utilization, business transformation, and revenue expansion by ensuring the engagement, success, retention, and growth of GitLab’s customers.
The Vice President of Customer Success needs an action mindset, are excited by the idea of quickly scaling globally, and thrives in a bold, fast-moving, transparent, values-driven leadership team and company while enabling both customer and company success.
The VP of Customer Success is a grade 12.
- Leading, expanding, and mentoring the Customer Success teams by setting the strategy and prioritizing Objectives and Key Results (OKRs); hiring, training, and developing a world-class team
- Driving customer lifetime value by defining the customer journey; deploying programs to help drive business value with customers, customer goal achievement, new features, and new use-cases; collaborating across teams to identify and pursue customer growth opportunities
- Representing the voice of the customer and influencing internal stakeholders by promoting a customer-centric mindset across the organization
- Architecting the customer success organization and solutions to leverage and scale in support of our revenue ambitions, including striking the right balance for the services and support offered to our broad range of customer segments - Large Enterprise, Mid-market, SMB, and Free/Open
- Build a global professional services organization to support customers from onboarding and training through to long-term multi-stage digital transformation project.
- Partner with 3rd party systems integrators for services scale and project delivery as part of major cloud-migration and digital transformation projects.
- Partnering very closely with our sales teams to engage with leaders at prospective customers and existing customers to define goals and leverage our products and services to achieve them.
- A true love for customers
- Demonstrated progressive experience in a Customer Success and/or Professional Services leadership role. Sales experience will also be considered
- Experience building and managing large (100+ employees) Customer Success and or Professional Services teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to move quickly and iterate
- Technical and SaaS experience and an ability to speak to technical customers in their language
- A strong strategic vision for the customer experience, professional services, and customer support
- The ability to architect services and support delivery models that align with current customer segments, deliver customer value and scale with growth projections
- A strong customer advocate with the ability and willingness to engage directly with customers
- Ability to communicate well with individuals, teams, partners and at industry level events
- A track record of developing and mentoring great talent, and building and motivating high achieving teams
- The skills to be a data-driven decision maker, with a willingness to experiment and iterate
- Understanding of the balance between internal services, external partners and how to use both effectively to support customers and grow quickly
- Effective and productive collaborator to drive cross-functional initiatives
- Empathy, humility and listening skills
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
As with all roles in the Sales Department the VP of Customer Success participates in the Sales KPIs.
The next steps for the VP, Customer Success Job Family would be to move to the Cheif Revenue Officer Job Family.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity, Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Family and Friends days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.