Handling multi-year subscriptions
From time to time, you will run into cases where customer has a multi-year subscription. This is only possible if a subscription is purchased through Sales, since there’s no option to make a multi-year subscription from CustomersDot.
Problems with multi-year subscriptions
- Multi-year subscriptions on a legacy license are automatically generated for the first year only. Multi-year subscriptions on cloud licensing and offline cloud licensing are generated for the full subscription term. Read more at Licensing FAQ.
Confirm customer subscription
To check whether the customer has a multi-year subscription:
- Navigate to Saleforce and locate the relevant opportunity which generally has a
Close datein the recent past
- Click on the opportunity → search for
quotes→ click on the most recent quote
- Search for
Renewal Term, which shows the subscription term for the quote in months
Handling the request
After confirmation and before generating a new license with a proper
Start date and
End date for the customer, please ask the customer for their system information using the ZenDesk
Subscriptions::Active Users macro.
- If there are not any
Users over license, proceed to generate the new license.
- Please note: licenses for multi-year subscriptions are issued in 12 month blocks
- Amend the dates to match the relevant time interval - for example, the second annual license for a multi year subscription would have the original start and expiry dates, with an additional year added to both.
- For example,
Start date: 2021-05-01and
End date: 2022-05-01would become
- Do not tick the trial checkbox, as this is not a trial!
- Use the previous year license
Users countas the new license
Previous Users Count
- If there are
Users over license, confirm that they are accounted for in the quote. Otherwise, follow the Working with sales workflow. We can generate a new license once the
Users over licensehas been paid for.