This workflow covers how to remove validation for a GitLab.com user account. All free users created after May 17, 2021 require a credit or debit card validation to use shared runners on GitLab.com.
Credit card validation is not connected to a customers.gitlab.com account or Zuora subscription.
You must ensure the customer is aware that removal of validation will result in their GitLab.com account being unable to use shared runners until they provide a credit or debit card for validation.
- Complete the account ownership verification workflow to verify the account owner and that you have received their permission to proceed. Please use the standard data classification definition. The peer review is not mandatory for these cases.
- Sign into your admin account and locate the customer’s user account.
- Under the account tab, click
- Uncheck the “Validate user account” box.
- Add an Admin Note.
- Save your changes.
- Send the following message to the user: