Abuse Report Review Request
How to request a review of an Abuse Report
This workflow is to request a review of an Abuse Report. All blocked accounts should have an admin note with a link to a relevant issue.
- If the account request for a review on an Abuse Report, create an
Abuse_Report_Review_Requestissue in the Trust and Safety Operations Issue Tracker
- The (GitLab user lookup app in Zendesk will show the admin notes for the user if they have contacted support using the email address associated with their account. Alternatively -
- If you have access to ChatOps you can use the below command in any chatops enabled Slack channel to read admin notes for the user
/chatops run user find <username or email>
- If the Abuse Report Review Request is related to the abusive activity,
- If the request does not have links to the specific commit, audit event, user action etc, request more information using the Need_More_Information blurb.
- If the user has provided enough information, then complete the
Abuse_Report_Review_Requestas per the instructions.
- For all other cases where no abuse report exists, including Zendesk, Twitter or slack - Complete General_Request issue in the Security Operations Tracker. A member of the team will review the request within 24 hours. If the request is urgent, please reach out in the #abuse Slack channel.
- Send the
Support::SaaS::Blocked Accounts::Escalated-TrustAndSafetymacro for the initial response to the user.
- All information provided by the team is considered
confidentialand should not be shared unless requested.
- If you are unsure about the information you want to share, follow up in the issue for a team member to peer review the outbound blurb.
- The information we are able to provide are sometimes subject to Legal or further review by other members of the Org, which could potentially delay the outcome of the request.
- These request do not have a set SLA, however the team is dedicated to getting these process as soon as possible.
- Do not hesitate to follow up on the issue or in the #abuse slack channel for an update.
An Abuse Report review request can be submitted when
- They are verified to belong to the group/project they are requesting information about.
- In some instances we can provide limited information to non project members who reported legitimate abusive activity.
- The content or information regarding the reported activity/content is still available on Gitlab.com.
An Abuse Report review request cannot be submitted when
- The requesting account has been blocked.
- If the account owner is requesting access to the account to retrieve information, follow the Reinstating Blocked Accounts workflow instead.
- Namespace or Trademark Disputes - Workflow
- Ownership Dispute Policy - Workflow
- Continued Abuse from an already reported account ie: The person(s) are creating multiple accounts to circumvent a block or evade detection.
- A detailed abuse report can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be sent from an attended mailbox.
Last modified August 21, 2023: Fix broken links across the handbook (