DMCA Removal Requests
Workflow change March 2019
As of March 2019, the Trust and safety Team has taken ownership of DMCA Requests.
Read more about the DMCA Workflow here: Abuse DMCA Request (TBD).
Submitting a DMCA Request
DMCA requests can be sent to email@example.com for review by Legal and Abuse.
The Abuse team will continue to maintain a single channel of communication with the requestor through the open
Abuse Issue created when the request is received via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended template of requirements when submitting a DMCA request to email@example.com
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed;
- A description of the material you claim is infringing and that you want removed or access to which you want disabled and the URL or other location of that material;
- Your name, title (if acting as an agent), address, telephone number, and email address;
- The following statement: “I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted material I am complaining of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)”;
- The following statement: “The information in this notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed”; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
Read more about DMCA Policy