Team member licenses
Support Operations policies page for team member licenses
The process for these is:
- The GitLab team member files an access request (AR) using the GitLab Team Member License request template.
- GitLab team member pings Support Ops.
- Support Operations logs into the staging staging cDot app and generates the license using the parameters in the AR.
- Support Operations updates the AR and closes it out.
Creating a license
Note Before proceeding, please confirm the requested end date on the issue does not exceed 1 year. If it does, we cannot proceed with the request until the requester changes that.
- Login to the staging cDot app via Okta.
- Click the Licenses link on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click the + Add new License at the top of the page.
- Fill out the details on the form
- Click the
✓ Savebutton at the bottom of the form.
Field Value License Type Legacy License Name GitLab team member’s full name Company
GitLab - Team Member License
GitLab team member’s company email Zuora subscription ID leave this blank Zuora subscription name leave this blank Users count value from the AR Previous users count 0 or value from the AR Trueup count 0 or value from the AR Plan code value from the AR Trial leave unchecked Start date today’s date End date value from the AR Notes the AR link
Updating the issue
After you have generated the license, you need to reply and close out the issue. To do this, reply with the following:
The staging license has been generated at this time.
As this is a staging license, please keep in mind you must setup your GitLab deployment to work with those. For more information on doing this, please see our documentation.
For information on applying a license, please read through our documentation.
After sending that reply, do the following:
- Add time spent on the issue
- Add the label
~Support-Ops::Completedto the issue
- Close the issue
Last modified May 19, 2023: Adding new roles (